17 rue d'Alsace-Lorraine
Phone: +32 (0)496 568 414
Email : Thomas.email@example.com
Age: 27 years old
Marital status : Single
National service : Delayed
- 05-2004 to 07-2004: Sony NSCE - Brussels (Belgium)
Developed some parts of the GUI of music browser based on meta-data. Used the Eclipse IDE platform.
Java, ClearCase, CMM
- 10-2003 to 04-2004: Sony NSCE - Brussels (Belgium)
Specification, design, implementation, testing and deployment of keyboard, video, mouse modules. Those modules are used to run the same test of an automated build and test system on heterogeneous hardware platforms.
C/C++, java, jni, bash, ClearCase, CMM
- 03-2003 to 09-2003: Sony NSCE - Brussels (Belgium)
Worked in the SQA (Software Quality Assurance) team.
Specification, implementation, batch run, and report of tests for black box testing of NSG (a graphics library running on Linux targets). Use of TAF (Test Automation Framework) to run the tests and produce the tests reports.
C/C++, bash, ClearCase, CMM
- 11-2000 to 03-2003: Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE) - Brussels (Belgium)
Development of drivers/middleware for Canal Plus new generation of set-top box (G2 project, now named Pilotime satellite decoders).
The features of the new box are as follows: Dual CPUs (NEC EMMA2 based with a MIPS core), twin tuner, twin decoder, 80 GB hard disc for 40 hours of record time and time shifting, 64 MB RAM, built-in modem, smart card readers, USB port and SPDIF connector ...
Worked on the Mass Storage Device which is in charge of storing/retrieving information to/from the hard disk, flash and Eeprom media. The hard disk part was in charge of the VCR functionalities of the set top box.
Also act as SCM for a few month on that project.
Keywords: ATA, MPEG, DVB, C/C++, python, ClearCase, ClearDDTS, CMM.
- 04-2000 to 09-2000: NPTV - Paris, France
Development of the interactive motor BANDO (internal software which allows programming for all interactive TV platforms) on PDA (Portable Digital Assistant) in JAVA.
Training course of 5 months
- 1999: Soft-Maint (Sodifrance group) - Nantes, France
Design and realization of an editor dedicated to a scripting language: editing, control of script then generation of corresponding code in XML. Languages: Java and XML
2 months contract
- 1999: Soft-Maint (Sodifrance group) - Nantes, France
Improvement of a module quality control of code of the Semantor software, tool for retro-design. Language: Smalltalk
4 months training course
- 1998: Outland - Nantes, France
Design and set-up of the Outland web server as trainee during 2 months
- 1997: Technopole Quimper-Cornouaille - Quimper, France
Design and writing of HTML pages, for the Cornouaille festival
1 month training course
- 1996: Technopole Quimper-Cornouaille - Quimper, France
Carrying out the Technopole web server as trainee (1 month)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1999-2000 Laboratory of Data Processing - Avignon, France
DESS (Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures Spécialisées)
Postgraduate degree in computer sciences
"Design and Administration of Human-Machine Communication systems" :
- Signal processing, Probabilistics models, Linguistical modelisation, Speech recognition, Tools for speech processing
- Neural networks, Decision trees
- Indexing and information retrieval, Coding of textual information
- Ergonomy, User interface and Human-Machine Dialogue
- Scheduling, Optimisation
- Advanced Java programming
- 1996-1999 Le Mans University: IUP MIME - Le Mans, France
Institut Universitaire Professionnalisé Micro-Informatique, Micro-Electronique (Software and Hardware)
DEUG, Licence and Maîtrise MIME , IA option (Intelligence Artificielle). Awarded of "Ingénieur maître" title.
A selective Three-year course equivalent to: Master of Science in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- 1995-1996 Le Mans University - Le Mans, France
DEUG (Diplôme Universitaire d'Etudes Générales) Sciences de la Matière first year
(equivalent to: 1 year undergraduate course in Maths, Physics, Chemistry)
- 1994-1995 Lycée G. Touchard - Le Mans, France
Baccalauréat S option Technologie Industrielle.
(equivalent to: scientific and technical A-levels in secondary school)
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
- Programming languages : C, C++ and Java
- Web languages : HTML, XML, PHP and ASP
- Other languages : SmallTalk, Caml, Prolog, Lisp, Clips ...
- Object-oriented programming, system programming
- Networks : TCP/IP, X25, OSI, Ethernet, ATM, Token ring
- Electronic : Digital and analogical
Microprocessors : Motorola 6809 and 68000, Intel 80C51, 80486
, Texas TMS320 DSP and Mips core
- Operating systems : Windows 9x/NT/XP, Unixes (Linux, Sun OS, HP-UX), DOS and Macintosh
- Databases: Access and SQL
- Methods : CMM level 3 (Capability Maturity Model for Software), OMT (Object Modelling Technique)
- Technical presentations : cryptography, RISC microprocessors, Linux operating system
- Projects :
- RobiNet : mobile robot with a camera and controllable by Internet
- Automation of the cupola of CAUM (Astronomy Club of Le Mans University) in order to control a remote telescope through the Internet. Java Programming (use of JDBC and servlets).
LEISURE & ACTIVITIES
- Photography (analogical and digital)
- Sports: in-line skating, walking, skiing, cycling, judo
- Amateur Astronomy (observations and astrophotography)
- Computer science (every day use of Internet services)
- Language skills: French: native language.
Fluent English (I spent three weeks in 1993 in Detroit, USA and I worked nearly 4 years in an English speaking environment)
- Clean driving license
- I like travelling and visiting countries. I went in Europe, Japan (Tokyo), China (Beijing, Shanghai), North Africa (Morocco, Egypt), USA (San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York, Detroit) and Mexico ...